Case studies and examples
The impact of our work extends across the world, helping improve the lives of millions of people. Examples include:
- In the Philippines, the Senate passed a motion in October 2018 to establish a national cancer program citing our ACTION study
- We conducted a major study into the dangers of mobile phone use while driving, which was used as evidence for current legislation in Australia.
- We released Foodswitch, a smartphone app that scans the barcodes of food products to get nutritional information and suggest healthier alternatives. It has now been released in a number of countries around the world.
- We ran a successful education and awareness program to reduce the amount of salt eaten by people in China by 25% each day, potentially saving up to 125,000 lives a year.
- We partnered with UNICEF and the University of Oxford to train journalists in India in health reporting and effective health promotion.
- Three of our researchers were included in Thomson Reuters World’s Most Influential Scientific Minds 2015 report.
- We used mobile technology to help diagnose mental health in rural India.
- We were one of the winners of the 2016 Google Impact Challenge.
See more case studies of our impact on the right.