Clinical Research Training Program Fellowship in Neuroscience and Public Health Research
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the “Clinical Research Training Program Fellowship” in the DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance supported clinical research centre “Scaling-up The COmpetency of Primary Care Workers to Manage Epilepsy by Task-Sharing (STOP-Epilepsy)”. This fellowship program is initiated with an emphasis on public health aspects of neurological and mental health disorders, with a focus on epilepsy. This program would be jointly carried out at the Dayanand Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana, George Institute for Global Health India, New Delhi, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, and University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad. Each fellow will be primarily placed in one of four institutes. The programme would fund mentored research training fellowships for medical graduates (MBBS) and post-graduates (MD/MS/MPH/equivalent):
- To integrate basic and clinical research focusing on public health research and neurological and mental disorders, with a specific focus on epilepsy
- To provide research experience in clinical and public health with advanced training in areas such as research design, research ethics, health informatics, clinical trials, and statistical analysis through mentored research training
- To provide knowledge and skills to prepare clinician trainees for careers in public health research. The CRTP fellows will work in various studies conducted within the STOP-Epilepsy project.
Number of Fellowships: 4
Duration of Fellowship
3.5 years extendable up to 4 years (It is mandatory for the fellows to complete the objectives of the training program to be eligible for fellowship certificate)
- MBBS or MPH or MPH-PhD or MBBS-PhD or MD/MS/Equivalent qualification from a recognized University / Institution
- Applicants who do not have a doctoral degree will be required to enrol in a PhD program if selected.
Upper age limit: 45 years
- INR 50 lakhs will include personal support and training costs for the complete duration of the fellowship.
- Personal support will be as per institutional guidelines and commensurate with the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
How to apply
- Complete the google form available here: https://forms.gle/wmiJrAk7Y2Fna4Bs8
- Please note that only one entry will be accepted per applicant.
- Applicants will be required to upload the following in the google form:
- Complete the google form available here
- Copies of proof of age document, certificates of academic qualifications, and experience
- A cover letter
- CV in recommended format
- At least two “Letters of Support” from supervisors/guides under whom the candidate has earlier worked/studied
- A letter of commitment for at least 3.5 years.
- Those candidates who are working, should forward the application through the competent authority along with No-Objection Certificate stating that the candidate will be relieved in the event of being selected for the fellowship.
- A research proposal not more than 750 words based on public health and epilepsy covering the following – Background, Aims/hypothesis, Methods, Primary and secondary outcomes, Public health impact
Last date of application submission
10 October 2022
No applications shall be entertained if it is incomplete/received after the last date prescribed.
Fellows will be selected after a two-stage process of application review and interviews. Candidates will be short-listed based on the evaluation of the submitted documents for interview. Interviews are likely to be held in November 2022. No separate intimation will be given to the ineligible candidates. In case if it is felt necessary, the Institute may not fill up any or all of the above posts and if so, no separate intimation will be given to the candidates.
For more information
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly allow 3 business days for a response.
Type of career: Fellowship
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 10/10/2022