About The George Institute
We are a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities aiming to challenge the status quo in health care. With 700+ people around the world, and projects in over 40 countries, our Strategy 2025 is all about impact – specifically, the impact of The George Institute’s activities on the health of millions of people, particularly those living in disadvantaged circumstances around the world.
Our strategy focuses on three key research priorities:
Better Treatments: finding better treatments for the world’s biggest health problems
Better Care: transforming primary health care to support better health for more people
Healthier Societies: harnessing the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact.
Here is a sample of the things we are doing to achieve our goal of having the greatest possible impact on global health:
We are identifying better and safer treatments for our biggest killers like stroke, heart disease and high blood pressure;
In many countries, our award winning FoodSwitch smartphone app is helping people make healthy food choices when shopping;
In China, we ran a successful education and awareness program to reduce the amount of salt eaten by people by 25% each day
In rural India, we have shown that mobile technology can help diagnose mental health, as well as help treat cardiovascular disease, and we’re looking at similar approaches to treating chronic diseases in Indonesia and China;
Together with Aboriginal communities in NSW, Australia, we developed an innovative community led program to assist young Aboriginal drivers attain their license, now implemented in a dozen of locations;
We are developing an affordable dialysis machine, with potential to save millions of lives each year and transform the way kidney disease is treated globally.
The George Institute India
The George Institute, a wholly owned legal not-for-profit Indian research institute, has been conducting research related activities in India since 2002. The George Institute India’s mission mirrors that of the parent organization, namely the discovery and implementation of solutions to chronic and disabling health problems through research, policy development and capacity building.
A number of large-scale projects in population, health systems and clinical research, funded by a diverse group of sponsors, both public and private, are conducted in India. The George Institute India comprises two distinct operating groups: Research and Development, and Infrastructure and Resources. It has two separate offices - in Hyderabad and New Delhi, where the research staff and senior management are based.
Context and Role
The George Institute for Global Health is looking for a Communications Officer, located in Delhi to support our India communications team.
The position will report directly to the Communications Manager.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
We are looking for a communications or public relations professional with strong understanding of communications for public and global health to grow our research programs and build brand portfolio with relevant stakeholders.The communciatoins officer will be responsible for :
- Creating content for website, newsletters and for fundraising emailers
- Draft Newstories and Press Releases
- Help publishing the annual reports
- Support communications team in developing content for various collaterals
- Support Communications Team in organizing Online and In-person Events;
- Support create event agenda, list of potential invitees, concept note and invitation copy;
- Sending event invitations or emailers and manage registrations list;
- Working with the media agency and the Communications Manager to distribute press releases
- Building relationships and following up with journalists to ensure strong coverage of TGI’s research
- Tracking and recording media coverage and maintaining a database of media contacts
- Draft social media posts for channels such as twitter, facebook, LinkedIn etc.
- Support the Communications Team in executing social media campaigns.
Any other task assigned by the Communications Manager.
As a Team Member
- Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organisation;
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development and for setting achievable and meaningful work objectives and managing personal targets, meeting obligations of the Institute’s Performance Management and Development Policy;
- Demonstrate commitment to The George Institute’s values, including performing to an exceptionally high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts.
Work, Health and Safety
- Comply with The George Institute’s Work Health and Safety Policy and related procedures, and similar policies which apply when visiting the premises of affiliates and collaborating sites.
- Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors.
- [FOR MANAGERS] Ensure direct reports understand and comply with safe work practice and procedures.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Portfolio of 5 years demonstrating your skills and experience in Content Writing, Digital media and communications
- Qualification: Masters degree in media or communications or related fields
- Good organisation skills, with the ability to multitask and deliver to deadlines
- Content writing experience for both print media as well as digital media
- Experience in delivering content on short notice
- Expertise in working with media agencies
- Pro-active approach with the ability to keep reporting manager updated on the status
- Strong attention to detail and ability to take direction
- Experience with Mailchimp or similar email marketing tools with skills to design and send emailers and E-newsletters
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or similar tools for images.
- Familiarity with social media publishing, monitoring, management and analytics
- Good experience working on content management systems like Drupal or WordPress
- Experience managing and growing social media accounts and communities – preferably from health or education sector
- Knowledge and experience of doing digital engagement
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details, current and expected CTC/salary.Clearly mentioning the job title Communications Officer in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30 September 2022
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, and mature-aged adults.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 30/09/2022