About The George Institute
We are a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities aiming to challenge the status quo in health care. With 700+ people around the world, and projects in over 40 countries, our Strategy 2025 is all about impact – specifically, the impact of The George Institute’s activities on the health of millions of people, particularly those living in disadvantaged circumstances around the world.
Context and Role
The main objective of the role is to be responsible for all aspects of Management and Financial Accounting requirements for GIS, and potentially support TGI group companies in UK and Australia. The position will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with Financial Reporting Standards and tax regulations, regular finance & budgetary reporting, and liaison with auditors/ external consultants.
Reports to Director Operations
Liaise with external consultants and stakeholders including those of potential overseas customers
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Manage day to day accounting including payments to vendors and employees and set up SLAs & related internal controls
- Manage the accurate recording of transactions in the various ledger accounts to ensure compliance with accounting policies and statutory obligations
- Finalize books of accounts. prepare the balance sheet, profit & loss account, their respective schedules and details. Ensure timely filings of all staututory returns
- Manage monthly reconciliations, liaision with management and stakeholders as needed and report any discrepancies, meet audit and other financial and management reporting deadlines.
- Provide accurate and timely analysis of data ie, revenue reports and comparison with budgeted figures, account receivable and payable, etc and other reports as required by management to facilitate decision support
- Ensure all accounts recievable and payables are as per norms
- Manage the entire process (applicability, deduction, deposit and returns) of employee related statutory payments of PF, ESI, NPS and professional tax
- Ensure the transactional compliance including accuracy, applicability and completeness of GST, TDS, VAT or any other statutory dues. Ensure payments and timely filings of returns of all statutory obligations
- Liaison with Company Secretary and ensure that all corporate law compliances like board meetings, AGM, annual filings etc are done with in prescribed time limit
- Liaison with bankers and manage the banking relationships. Manage Funds by forecasting cash flows and managing the surplus • Drive improvement in policies, processes, systems and internal control environment of the organisation e.g. segregation of duties, maker checker, masters (vendor, employee, customer, chart of accounts etc.), process improvement, documentation of SOPs
- Ensure timely and correct booking of fixed assets and maintain the asset register
- Support in securing overseas contracts and deliver high quality services
- Work with consultants in India, UK and Australia to ensure all corporate tax matters and statutorily obligations are appropriately handled including but not limited to filing of returns, tax audit reports, transfer pricing reports and documentation etc
As a Team Member:
- Participate in team meetings and activities relating to GIS operations and own work area;
- Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organisation;
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development and for setting achievable and meaningful work objectives and managing personal targets, in accordance with GIS’s Performance Management and Development Policy;
- Demonstrate commitment to GIS’s values, including performing to an exceptionally high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts.
Work, Health and Safety
- Comply with GI’s Work Health and Safety Policy and related procedures, and similar policies which apply when visiting the premises of affiliates and collaborating sites.
- Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors.
- Ensure direct reports understand and comply with safe work practice and procedures
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Chartered Accountant with strong technical accounting skills and knowledge
- Minimum 8 years of experience in managing Finance & Accounts in in a corporate finance environment. Exposure to UK accounting system will be an advantadge
- Thorough knowledge of business operations, understanding of financial processes, and demonstrated experience with implementing/enhancing internal controls.
- Internal audit experience will be a clear advantage
- Fluency with Tally and/or working knowledge of common features, controls and functionalities of accounting softwares
- High proficiency in MS Office tools, with advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel. At ease with complex spreadsheets using macros and complicated formulae
- Very high attention to detail, with strong focus on producing the highest quality of work and on ensuring optimum accuracy of outputs
- Native fluency in English and Hindi
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to build relationships, negotiate and influence effectively
- Superior interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritise
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of dynamic and ambiguous environments
- Highly organised and able to simultaneously manage a number of projects and conflicting priorities
- Well organised and efficient, with the capacity to work under pressure
- Eager and willing to learn with ability to follow directions
Reporting To: Director Operations
OPEN ENDED / FIXED TERM (Duration): Open ended
Location: New Delhi, India
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume along with cover letter, full contact details, current and expected CTC and duration of notice period. Clearly mentioning the job title Finance Manager in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31-Dec-2021
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So, we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, and mature-aged adults.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New delhi
Application close date: 31/12/2021