Job Title: Funding Coordinator/Assistant
Context and Role
The Fundraising Division at The George Institute is responsible for the Institute’s fundraising activities, which helps drive its strategic direction and contributes to its financial bottom line. The Division works very closely with the Communication and R&D divisions in the organization.
The objective of the role is to provide assistance to the Head of Fundraising in identifying donor resources, raising funds and writing proposals for long-term organizational sustainability.
Reporting Relationships The person will directly report to the Head of Fundraising.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Generate leads, compile and maintain a database of national and international donor organizations (Philanthropic or Corporate foundations, trusts, corporates, agencies and UHNWI’s offering donations)
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization
- Assist in developing a strong fundraising portfolio together with other stakeholders and relevant contacts
- Assist in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization
- Assist in the development of communications material for the organization such as human interest impact stories, appeals, campaign materials etc.
- Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
As a Team Member:
- Participate in team meetings and activities relating to Fundraising and Communications and own work area;
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development and for setting achievable and meaningful work objectives and managing personal targets, meeting obligations of the Institute’s Performance Management and Development Policy;
- Demonstrate commitment to GI’s values, including performing to an exceptionally high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts.
Work, Health and Safety
- Comply with GI’s Work Health and Safety Policy and related procedures, and similar policies which apply when visiting the premises of affiliates and collaborating sites.
- Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant qualification in Business or Marketing or donor communication is essential
- Relevant qualification or training in philanthropy/ social impact is essential
- 2-3 years of experience of fundraising from corporates, trusts, foundations or UHNWI
- Demonstrated capability to produce outcomes and achieve objectives within agreed time periods;
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and proven strategic thinking;
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, with ability to influence others to achieve common goals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of proficiency in English and the ability to work well autonomously;
- Excellent team-work skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and to be adaptable to changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments;
- Strong focus on producing the highest quality of work and on ensuring optimum accuracy of outputs;
- Well organised and efficient, with the capacity to work under pressure;
How to apply:
Your application should include: CV with full contact details of three referees.Interested candidates should send their applications to email@example.com, clearly mentioning the job title in the subject line. The closing date to receive applications is by the 04 July 2017
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 04/07/2017