About The George Institute
We are a medical research institute with a major focus on impact and improving the lives of the most vulnerable communities by generating high-quality evidence and supporting implementation through collaborations with other organisations and governments. We have over 700 people scattered in different locations around the world projects in over 40 countries. We have major offices in Australia, China, India and the UK.
About The George Institute India
The George Institute India is a not-for-profit Indian research institute and has been conducting research related activities in India since 2002. The George Institute India’s mission mirrors that of the parent organisation, namely the discovery and implementation of solutions to chronic and disabling health problems through research, policy development, impact and capacity building.
A number of large-scale projects in population, health systems and clinical research, funded by a diverse group of sponsors, both public and private, are conducted in India. TGI has two offices, in Hyderabad and New Delhi, where the research staff and senior management are based. In addition, we have field offices in many locations in both urban and rural locations.
Context and Role
The Fundraising Division at The George Institute is responsible for the Institute’s fundraising activities, which helps drive its strategic direction and contributes to its financial bottom line. The Division works very closely with the Communication and R&D divisions in the organization. The objective of the role is to provide assistance to the Head of Fundraising in identifying donor resources, raising funds and writing proposals for long-term organizational sustainability.
The person will directly report to the Head of Fundraising.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Carry out full range of activities required to prepare, write, and submit grant proposals and reports to individual, foundation, institutional and corporate sources, including, but not limited to: Writing and editing letters of intent, concept notes, grant proposals and budgets for submission, including assembling all required documentation.
- Writing, editing, and overseeing the completion and submission of reports on all grants.
- Work with program teams and finance team to manage the fulfillment of donor grant guidelines and reporting preferences.
- Keeping record of all grant reports due during the calendar year.
- Collaborating with the Communications team to share and produce consistent language and visual content.
- Collaborating with the Finance and other relevant teams to prepare contractual and financial reports for donors as needed.
- Organizing, updating, and developing new writing resources for use by the whole team, including materials to support donor relationships and visibility, summaries, Power Points, etc.
- Work with respective colleagues to compile, write, and finalize fundraising content for the annual report.
- Organizing and maintaining a central folder with proposal templates and boiler-plate materials.
- Editing proposals and grant reports for team members, as needed.
- Research and identify prospective foundations, HNI and corporate funders
- Propose ideas and develop proposals for large funding opportunities.
- Generate leads, compile and maintain a database of national and international donor organizations (Philanthropic or Corporate foundations, trusts, corporates, agencies and UHNWI’s offering donations) Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization
- Assist in developing a strong fundraising portfolio together with other stakeholders and relevant contacts
- Assist in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization
- Assist in the development of communications material for the organization such as human interest impact stories, appeals, campaign materials etc.
- Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
As a Team Member:
- Participate in team meetings and activities relating to Fundraising and Communications and own work area;
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development and for setting achievable and meaningful work objectives and managing personal targets, meeting obligations of the Institute’s Performance Management and Development Policy;
- Demonstrate commitment to GI’s values, including performing to an exceptionally high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts.
As a Team Manager:
- Ensure direct reports understand and comply with the Institute’s Policies and procedures, standard operating practices, ethical practice (with respect to research) and the legislative environment.
- Be responsible for managing performance of direct reports, including the completion of plans and agreeing on work and personal objectives and reviewing such plans and objectives, in accordance with the Institute’s Performance Management and Development Policy.
- Act as a role model and ensure the team’s commitment to the Institute’s values, ensuring direct reports perform to a high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts.
Work, Health and Safety
- Comply with GI’s Work Health and Safety Policy and related procedures, and similar policies which apply when visiting the premises of affiliates and collaborating sites.
- Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Fundraising or similar area
- Desirable: A Management Degree would definitely be an added plus
Years of Experience: The incumbent should have:
- At least 10 years progressive overall experience out of which at least 5 years plus should have been in generating Funds & Donor Partnerships in a similar functional context
- Proven experience of generating funds, writing concept notes & proposals and fulfilling due diligence documentation of donor prospects and their audit advisors
- Prior experience in the development sector, preferably with a healthcare NGO/organization
- International NGO experience will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated capability to produce outcomes and achieve objectives within agreed time periods;
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and proven strategic thinking;
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, with ability to influence others to achieve common goals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of proficiency in Hindi and English and the ability to work well autonomously;
- Excellent team-work skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and to be adaptable to changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments;
- Strong focus on producing the highest quality of work and on ensuring optimum accuracy of outputs;
- Well organised and efficient, with the capacity to work under pressure;
Reporting To: Head of Fundraising
Location: New Delhi, India
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details, current and expected CTC/salary. Clearly mentioning the job title Fundraising Manager in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 25-Dec-2021
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So, we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, and mature-aged adults.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 25/12/2021