Junior Graphic Designer
Context and Role:
The George Institute for Global Health is looking for a junior level graphic designer, located in Delhi to join our growing global communications team. Reporting to the Brand Manager in Sydney, Australia, we're looking for someone who is willing to learn, able to grow with the George in India and help realise projects across the globe.
The position will be part of The George Institute India communications team and will report directly to the Global Communications Brand Manager based in Sydney, Australia, and an indirect reporting line to the India Communications Manager.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
We're looking for a culturally aware designer, someone who understands how to extend concepts through different applications, help with file and media management and can contribute to the design ethos of The George.
As a Team Member the Junior Design position tasks may include:
- Design concepts for invites, flyers, posters, brochures.
- Basic photo editing
- Extending artwork concepts through finished product formats
- File management of design, image and video assets
- Producing documents and files for web and print usages
- Studio basics such as organizing and completing printing and binding etc
- Help researchers with presentations and documents
- Participate in team meetings and activities relating to the Global and Indian Communications teams and own work area;
- Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organisation;
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development and for setting achievable and meaningful work objectives and managing personal targets, meeting obligations of the Institute’s Performance Management and Development Policy;
- Demonstrate commitment to GI’s values, including performing to an exceptionally high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
A portfolio demonstrating your skills and experience thus far will highlight a broad range of design styles and products. In addition to this, the following skills are required:
- Qualifications: Masters/ Doctoral qualification in Strong graphic, typographical, illustration and conceptual design skills
- Proficiency in Abode Creative Suite, particularly Ps, Id and Ai, in Mac and PC environments
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
- An understanding of print and electronic production processes, and their associated artwork file formats
- Ability to work quickly through file and media processing duties
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisation skills, with the ability to multitask and deliver to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to take direction in a team environment
- Willingness to learn
- Can do attitude
- Administration experience is favourable
Reporting: Brand Manager in Sydney, Australia and Communications Manager in New Delhi, India
Location: New Delhi, India
Career step: Foundation/Intermediate
How to apply:
Interested candidates should resume along with cover letter, full contact details, current and expected CTC and notice period, clearly mentioning the job title Junior Graphic Designer in the subject line to email@example.com by the 26th November 2021.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 26/11/2021