LOCATION: Hyderabad or New Delhi
The Program Manager is expected to take a leading role in the development and implementation of this programme across both the sites (Malang, Indonesia and Haryana, India).
The position requires comprehensive knowledge and experience in large-scale primary care implementation of health system interventions. Knowledge and experience in evaluation methodology will be a major advantage. The appointee will be based in Hyderabad/ New Delhi but should be willing and able to undertake domestic and international travel, which will be required.
Key Role and Responsibilities
The appointee will be responsible for leading and managing the conduct of the programme in Indonesia and Northern India under the guidance of the programme Steering Committee. She or he will be actively involved in the development and pilot implementation of the SMARThealth intervention in the respective local health systems, with the support of the Steering Committee and regional operational staff. This will include:
• Building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships, including relationships with partners and collaborating staff at both the sites as well as investigators at Indian and Indonesian sites
• Drafting and submitting ethics approvals for the study at each site, and any other regulatory approvals
• Contributing to development of, and implementing the programme, involving the recruitment of staff, patients; data collection at baseline and follow-up
• Developing and adhering to standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the programme implementation, and supporting study sites in implementing SOPs
• Managing the SMARThealth training programme
• Facilitating data management and analysis and contributing to reports, publications and presentations
• Accessing, reviewing and collating relevant peer-reviewed literature as well as non-peer- reviewed reports
• Contributing to the development of funding applications and other proposals
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Medical or health science degree
• Appropriate post-graduate qualification (Masters or Doctoral qualification) in Public Health, Epidemiology or a related subject in medicine or allied-health fields including Community Medicine.
• Experience in the conduct and management of large scale healthcare programme implementation
• Experience in epidemiological or clinical studies and/or health systems research studies would be an advantage
• Previous experience in undertaking literature reviews, and writing for publication in peer- reviewed journals would be an advantage, as would experience in developing funding applications
• An understanding of the importance of data quality and accuracy
• Demonstrable experience of working within large teams
• Availability and willingness to undertake national and international travel
• Excellent problem solving skills and some analytical skills
• Well organized with good time management skills
• Ability to work in cross-cultural settings
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume with a detailed covering letter addressing ‘how you will meet the specific roles and responsibilities, as described above’. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 01st May 2016.
George Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 1st May 2016
Type of career: Jobs
City: NEW DELHI
Application close date: 01/05/2016