Project Manager DISHA
About The George Institute
We are a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities aiming to challenge the status quo in health care. With 700+ people around the world, and projects in over 40 countries, our Strategy 2025 is all about impact – specifically, the impact of The George Institute’s activities on the health of millions of people, particularly those living in disadvantaged circumstances around the world.
Our strategy focuses on three key research priorities:
Better Treatments: finding better treatments for the world’s biggest health problems Better Care: transforming primary health care to support better health for more people Healthier Societies: harnessing the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
The George Institute India
The George Institute, a wholly owned legal not-for-profit Indian research institute, has been conducting research related activities in India since 2002. The George Institute India’s mission mirrors that of the parent organization, namely the discovery and implementation of solutions to chronic and disabling health problems through research, policy development and capacity building.
A number of large-scale projects in population, health systems and clinical research, funded by a diverse group of sponsors, both public and private, are conducted in India. The George Institute India comprises two distinct operating groups: Research and Development, and Infrastructure and Resources. It has two separate offices - in Hyderabad and New Delhi, where the research staff and senior management are based.
Context and Role
The Project Manager – DISHA
Will be responsible for implementation of the Digital health Innovations for psychosocial Support to community Health workers during COVID-19 pandemic- Accelerated response: DISHA
Promote and prevent psychosocial problems among primary health care workers (HCW) to maintain system efficiency for pandemic response.
Directly reports to Senior Research Fellow with dotted line reporting to Programme Manager
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Review of the current practices in providing psychosocial support to primary healthcare workers within health systems in the target districts across Assam, Odisha, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka as identified by project partners during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Review of the existing digital health interventions for providing psychosocial support to primary healthcare workers implemented during the pandemic and identify solutions for acceleration under DISHA project.
- Develop/ adapt a digital health innovation for proving psychosocial support to primary healthcare workers and undertake user acceptance and feasibility assessment of the solution.
- Develop and manage (coordinate, prepare and follow up on) the detailed project implementation plan in consultation with the stakeholders internally and externally.
- Provide technical assistance to the implementation agency for deployment of the digital health intervention for psychosocial support to primary healthcare workers and undertake an in depth analysis of the implementation experience towards strengthening health services delivery and identify enablers and barriers for deployment of the application for acceleration and scale up.
- Own responsibility for the implementation of the Digital Health Interventions for Psychosocial Support to community health workers
- Manage incoming support issues from the implementation sites and ensure a timely, complete response for the issue
- Complete the monthly reporting and progress cycle for the project
- Develop written and audiovisual materials for promoting the activities of DISHA project
- Any other responsibilities as needed and specified
As a Team Member
- Be responsible for the field based implementation of the DISHA Programme
- Participate in team meetings and activities relating to DISHA progamme
- Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organisation;
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development and for setting achievable and meaningful work objectives and managing personal targets, meeting obligations of the Institute’s Performance Management and Development Policy;
- Demonstrate commitment to GI’s values, including performing to an exceptionally high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts.
As a Team Manager
- Ensure direct reports understand and comply with GI’s Policies and procedures, standard operating practices, ethical practice (with respect to research) and the legislative environment.
- Be responsible for managing performance of direct reports, including the completion of plans and agreeing on work and personal objectives and reviewing such plans and objectives, in accordance with GI’s Performance Management and Development Policy.
- Act as a role model and ensure the team’s commitment to GI’s values, ensuring direct reports perform to a high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts.
Work, Health and Safety
- Comply with GI’s Work Health and Safety Policy and related procedures, and similar policies which apply when visiting the premises of affiliates and collaborating sites.
- Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors.
- Ensure direct reports understand and comply with safe work practice and procedures.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor degree in either of medicine /public health/ engineering / health information sciences
- Over 5 years experience in field implementation of digital health / public health projects in India
- Prior experience in the digital health innovations / start up ecosystem in India or globally
- Working knowledge of English
- Masters degree in Public Health
- Over 5 years experience in public health management working for a health care provider or research institution
- Experience working in a multinational organisation
- Experience managing digital health interventions / health innovators or work experience in a health systems context
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of health systems, community health workforce, digital health tools for psychosocial support
- Exemplary interpersonal skills (e.g., an excellent team player, with a demonstrable ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, and diplomacy in a challenging environment) that will quickly gain the customers confidence that issues are being heard and will be acted on correctly
- Understanding and track record of compliance (due diligence) with confidentiality and privacy laws
- Understanding around digital health, health innovations and health systems in India
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of proficiency in English and the ability to work well autonomously;
- Excellent team-work[/leadership] skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and to be adaptable to changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments;
- Strong focus on producing the highest quality of work and on ensuring optimum accuracy of outputs;
- Well organised and efficient, with the capacity to work under pressure;
Open ended / Fixed term (Duration)
Fixed Term ( 18 months) ( 01 May 2022- 31st October 2023)
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details, current and expected CTC/salary. Clearly mentioning the job title Project Manager DISHA in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 20 April 2022
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, and mature-aged adults.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 20/04/2022