Context and Role
The person will provide oversight to an ICMR funded project entitled MentAl Health Risk Factors among Older AdolesceNts living in Urban SluMs: An InTervention to Improve ResIlience (ANUMATI). The aim of the project is to explore associated risk and protective factors for Common Mental Disorders (CMDs) like depression, anxiety, suicide risk and substance abuse among older adolescents (15-19 years) living in urban slums. The project will employ a cross-sectional mixed methods design and will be conducted in two urban slums of North (Faridabad) and South (Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh) India with a population of about 10,000 each.
The project supervisor is expected to coordinate and implement field level research activities of the project. (S)he is required to work along with with Research Fellow/ Research Assistant of the project. The appointment is for a period of 24 months which is contingent on the annual performance appraisal of the candidate.
The Project Supervisor equivalent to Project Assistanr of ICMR will report to the Research Fellow/ Research Assistant of the project ANUMATI.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Coordinate all field activities of the research study in the study area.
- Liaise with local field functionaries of government, private, and community to improve networks and participation in the project.
- Develop project implamentation plans along with the research fellow.
- Assist in training of project staff and field level staff in development and testing of intervention module.
- Lead and organize mapping, listing, and census exercise of the field area along with gathering and organizing related information of the study area.
- Provide oversight in monitoring and supervision of field investigators associated with each activity related to the project.
- Prepare monthly progress reports and other documentation related to the project in order to update Research Fellow/ Research Assistant.
- Plan and organize logistics related to field visits for visiting staff as and when required.
- Any additional activities relevant to the project as delegated and specified by Research Fellow/ Research Assistant/ PI of the project.
Qualification and Experience
- Essential criteria:
- Graduate in science, social science, management, social work, public health.
- 3 years work experience from a recognized institution.
- Working knowledge of Hindi/ Telugu and English (reading, writing, communication).
- Desireable criteria:
- Masters degree in science, social science, management, social work, public health.
- 5 years work experience in public health in managing research projects or working with a research organization.
- Skills required:
- Working knowledge of computers required especially email/ outlook, Microsoft office suite etc.
- Strong organizational, planning, negotiating, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team-work/leadership skills, with ability to collaborate in teams and work with a wide range of varying stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and to be adaptable to changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
- Strong focus on producing the highest quality of work and understanding the importance of data quality and accuracy in health research.
- Some understanding of confidentiality and privacy laws and guidelines relevant to medical research.
- Well organised and efficient, with the capacity to work under pressure.
The Project Supervisor will have to be based in Ballabgarh town of Faridabad district in Haryana/ Hyderabad city in Telangana.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details, clearly mentioning the job title < project supervisor>to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15 January 2020
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, and mature-aged adults.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi / Hyderabad
Application close date: 15/01/2020