Research Assistant requires strong team skills and an ability to work autonomously with quick turnaround times on deliverables, across multiple sites within the country. The candidate will be based in Hyderabad, and should be willing travel, as and when required. The appointment is initially for a period of 12 months with a possibility of extension.
The candiadate will have the opportunity to pursue Doctoral or Masters level studies using data from the project, if s/he gets into a programme and is able to secure funds. The institute will actively facilitate and encourage that process.
This position reports to a Senior Research Fellow of The George Institute for Global Health, India.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
•Support the implementation of the intervention in the LIVING study and continuously monitor the progress of the study in different sites; facilitate data entry at the sites; prepare reports of the status of the study; and conduct monitoring visits, as and when required, specifically:
• Contribute to all aspects of the current project at the site level. Work closely with other senior and junior staff to make sure that the scope and direction of the project is on schedule, at all sites
• Assist in the development of study related documents, reports, newsletters, and presentations, and communicate regular updates of the study to all staff (internal and external)
• Coordinate the trial with the sites: guide recruitment / consenting of study participants, track participation activities; facilitate the diagnosis and solution of system/software problems, install applications software as related to site needs; train and monitor site personnel: prepare assessments for site staff, validate quality of data and evaluate consistency of data
• Access, review and collate relevant peer-reviewed literature as well as non-peer- reviewed reports – support in the conduct of reviews
• Keep abreast of current developments in research of relevance to the Institute; providing a source of information to other researchers within the Institute
• Contribute to the preparation of journal publications, media reports and other public affairs outputs
• Contribute to local, national and international meetings of relevance to the area of research expertise and develop working partnerships within relevant research networks
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
• Masters qualification in public health, epidemiology, or Bachelors qualification in medicine or an allied health field
• Strong focus on quality and timely delivery of work
• Well organized with good time management skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of proficiency in English
• Ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
• Ability to see the big picture, whilst still maintaining a focus on detail and implementation
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications to email@example.com
by February 28, 2018. Cleary stating the job title ‘Research Assistant in the subject line.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 07/03/2018