The Research Assistant will work with Senior Research Fellow and Research Fellow based at New Delhi in implementing current and developing new research initiatives relating to non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and mobile health technology. The Research Assistant will primarily focus on the following major studies:
- Support the implementation of the study aiming to prospectively follow a cohort of kidney failure patients starting dialysis for a duration of 18 months to evaluate medical, social, economic and environmental determinants of access and quality of care and health outcomes in patients starting dialysis therapy in India.
- Implementing a study evaluating a clinical decision support and lifestyle modification intervention program for the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) in a primary care setting. IMPACT Diabetes is a pilot project designed to evaluate the feasibility of a Mobile Health led intervention aimed at screening and management of T2DM and Diabetic Kidney Disease. The research assistant will be primarily responsible for coordinating the study activities at the Haryana site.
This position will report directly to Senior Research Fellow with a matrix reporting to other project leads.
- Contribute towards the implementation of The George Institute’s mission, strategy and objectives through the established and any new projects
- Contribute to the ongoing studies by ensuring timely implementation of the project work plan. Work with the project management staff to develop project resources, liaison with clinical centre staff and undertake site staff trainings.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations relevant to the projects
- Contribute to the preparation of journal publications, media reports and other public affairs outputs
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s degree in Public Health with at least one year of experience in public health research.
- Experience in the publication and dissemination of journal publications, reports and other written materials
- Experience in preparing grant applications, ethics and regulatory submissions
- Well organized with good time management skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly
- Strong focus on quality of work
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30 June, 2018, clearly stating the job tilte 'Research Assistant' in the subject line.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 30/06/2018