Research Assistant MRES unit
Context and Role
One of the research Programs within the George Institute, is the newly set up Meta-Research & Evidence Synthesis Unit (MRES Unit). The defining feature of modern medicine and global health is its practice being informed by evidence gathered from exhaustive and systematic assessment of the literature available and critically assessed and contextualised to improve the health of millions of people worldwide. Doing better research to improve lives also means doing research on research. The MRES Unit will focus on conduct and methodologies on evidence synthesis (evidence gap maps, qualitative evidence synthesis, rapid evidence synthesis, living systematic reviews, systematic reviews and meta-analysis ) meta-research( research on methods, reporting, evaluation and philosophical underpinnings of research); capacity building; and knowledge translation( clinical practice guidelines development, policy uptake and public engagement).
The Research Assistant would work with with a core team of 3-5 people(with members in India and Australia) , which continually collaborates with other divisions /units in different offices of Institute, and a wide section of external stakeholders including government , public agencies and multi-national stakeholders.
This role reports to: Co-Head, Meta-Research & Evidence Synthesis Unit
Duties and Key Responsibilities
The Research Assistant would in the course of duties:
- Perform screening of studies, data extraction , risk of bias assessment
- Can validate data and evaluate consistency of data
- Liase with other team members in quantitative and qualitative data synthesis.
- Maintain good communication within the project team via email, reports and teleconferences
- Assist in writing reports , journal publications
- Support and potentially lead public engagement initaitives
The Research Assistant should also:
- Participate in projects to document and improve processes,
- tools, systems and organization and learning and development
- Assist in preparing Research Ethics Committee submissions.
- Support organization of local, national, and international meetings / training / seminars
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Qualifications: Masters qualification in public health/ health
- systems/ health policy / public policy / community medicine/
- social sciences (with health-related qualifications) *
- Experience in conduct of primary quantitative / qualitative
- research; demonstrated ability to understand different study
- designs, and critical appraisal of studies
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of proficiency in
- English including in writing;
- Excellent team-work skills, with demonstrated ability to
- collaborate in small teams and with a wide range of varying
- Strong focus on methodologically riguorous work , ability to see
- the big picture, whilst still maintaining a focus on detail and
- Ability and willingness to travel (subject to COVID-19
•Demonstrated experience in conducting evidence synthesis or meta-research
*Formal educational qualification and experience might be relaxed when there is published work or whenever there is work experience of specific relevance.
Job Status: Active
Location: New Delhi (Flexible)
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details, current and expected CTC/salary.Clearly mentioning the job title <Research Assistant MRES Unit > in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 26 July 2021
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, and mature-aged adults.
Applications Close: 26/07/2021
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi (Flexible)
Application close date: 26/07/2021