Context and Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a person keen on developing a career in the field of evidence synthesis, clinical and public health research and to work on systematic reviews, clinical and public health studies, particularly in the area of cardiovascular diseases. This role is designed for individuals who can lead the project or assist the project lead. This position will work closely with the senior research fellow, research assistants/evidence synthesis associates.
Directly reports to Senior Research Fellow
- Develop search strategies and perform systematic search of online literature databases.
- Perform screening of studies, data extraction and risk of bias assessment.
- Perform meta-analysis using CMA or Review Manager or similar applications.
- Coordinate/manage clinical and public health research studies, field work, data collection and management.
- Prepare Human Research Ethics Committee submissions.
- Conduct (or assist with) training on evidence synthesis.
- Develop budget estimates for research projects.
- Assist in writing reports and publication manuscripts.
- Assist in writing research proposals for funding.
- Manage effective communication with internal and external study staff and key stakeholders.
- Provide a consistent level of contribution to the research activities of the division
- Ensure that research being conducted is congruent with world best practice.
- Actively develop and promote the desired culture of The George Institute by ensuring all interactions, documentation and communication are conducted in a manner which supports the stated mission
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualification: Minimum master’s degree in health sciences (public Health, epidemiology, clinical research, biostatistics, pharmacy, or other health sciences subject).
- Must have Epidemiological and bio-statistical skills.
- Intermediate level of experience in doing systematic reviews.
- Intermediate level of experience in coordinating/managing clinical and public health studies.
- Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the Internet
- Strong focus on quality and timely delivery of work.
- Attention to detail and rigorous methodological approach.
- Well organized with good time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of proficiency in English.
- Ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders.
- Ability to see the big picture, whilst still maintaining a focus on detail and implementation.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details, clearly mentioning the job title ‘Research Fellow’ in the subject line to email@example.com by the 15 April 2019
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 15/04/2019