Research Fellow - Quantitative Research
The Research Fellow is expected to be passionately committed to health equity and systems strengthening, with experience handing large survey datasets as well as programme data. The position requires strong team-based skills working across multiple sites, while also requiring motivation and an ability to work autonomously with quick turnaround times on deliverables. The appointee may be based in New Delhi but should be willing and able to undertake extensive local travel. The appointment is for a period of 24 months with the possibility of an extension of an additional 24 months.
The Research Fellow will have a direct reporting line to the Program Head- Health Systems & Equity of the George Institute for Global Health, India.
Key Role and Responsibilities
S/he will need to support the component of inequality magnitude assessment for this study, including data source mapping, data sourcing, extraction, cleaning and preparation for inequality analyses, the conduct and reporting of these analyses and coordination with the Qualitative Research Fellow for further refinement of analyses. In addition, s/he will support the design and refinement of a data visualisation tool to report this data, coordinate continuous interaction and collaboration with state department and other partners in Kerala, while also ensuring peer dissemination and public engagement related to this project. Organising workshops, meetings and events related to this project, particularly the component related to magnitudes of inequalities, shall be in the purview of the Research Fellow. Further, s/he will assist with any additional activities relevant to the project, as delegated by the Program Head.
As a Team Member of The George Institute, s/he will
- Participate in team meetings and activities related to the projects and the Institute as a whole
- Participate in objective setting and performance management
- Participate in special projects to continuously improve processes, tools, systems and organization
- Participate in planning and implementing of personal and career development activities
- Actively develop job-related skills
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Appropriate doctoral qualification in statistics, economics, public Health, social epidemiology or a related subject in one of the disciplines of public health
- Experience working with large survey datasets as well as program data
- Experience working closely with state government, with a preference for the southern states of India, especially Kerala
- Passion for and demonstrated experience in the field of public health
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams, managing relationships with external partners and engaging senior stakeholders, including those in government
- Experience writing for publication in peer- reviewed journals would be an advantage, as would experience in developing funding applications
- Availability and willingness to undertake extensive local travel in Delhi and Kerala
- Native fluency in Malayalam is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently and in multiple teams
- Ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
- Strong focus on quality of work
The application should include CV with full contact details of three referees and a detailed cover letter addressing the specific roles and responsibilities and experience requirements, as described above.
Interested candidates should send their applications to email@example.com by 28 February 2018, clearly stating the job title ‘Research Fellow - Quantitative Research’ in the subject.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 07/03/2018