Senior Research Fellow
The Institute has a strong track record in research addressing food and nutrition issues. The current food policy team does both quantitative and qualitative research and holds large databases describing the changing composition of foods in India and other countries around the world.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
The appointee will be responsible for leading food and nutrition research at the George Institute India under the guidance of local team members with support from colleagues based at the George Institute Australia. S/he will be expected to deliver outputs that are significant contributions to research in the country. There are several ongoing or planned projects with which the appoinbteee can become immediately involved and there will be an opportunity to develop new initiatives in parallel.
S/he will expected to oversee the existing research and develop plans for growing the program through activities consistent with the broader strategic goals of the Institute. This role will require the management and mentoring of academic team members and operational staff to ensure that research goals and budgetary requirements are achieved.
The role will essentially require the appointee to submit grant application to opportunity identified by the Head of Fundraising and establish Gates project – ethics, operational team, plans for delivery in four provinces. It is also desired that the candidate in the role establishes a link to FSSAI/GoI and develop protocol for new trial (salt substitute in India study)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Research MD or PhD in a relevant health related discipline
- Demonstrated track record in the health or academic sectors
- Demonstrated substantial relevant experience in the conduct of research projects
- Demonstrated research experience in international settings
- Experience in the publication and dissemination of journal publications, reports and other written materials
- Success in obtaining peer-reviewed, government and/or commercial funding
- Adaptable and able to work in a dynamic environment and lead change
- Proven leadership and people management skills
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking with the demonstrated ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their full CV and covering letter by the 25 October 2017 on firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the job title in the subject line.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 25/10/2017