Service Desk Analyst
Context of the Role
Effective use of information technology is key to the Institute’s success and the productivity of staff. To support this, Global IT provides a Service Desk to deliver a range of critical IT services. The Service Desk is based in Sydney and supplemented by staff in other countries to provide broader time zone coverage.
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for providing 1st and 2nd level IT support and administration to Institute staff, both local and remote.
- Reports to the Service Desk Team Leader, who is based in Sydney.
- Global IT team.
- All IT users, across all levels of the organization, including senior leadership and department heads.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Provide 1st and 2nd level IT support to staff, in alignment with all IT policies, standard operating procesures, work instructions and ITIL principles. (The majority of this will be delivered to remote staff, assisted by remote support technology.)
- Monitor assigned Service Desk ticket queues, take timely action to address requests and escalate where required to maintain adherence to SLAs.
- Own the customer relationship for assigned tickets, ensuring timely, clear, professional communications and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain clear and accurate ticket notes, asset records and other documentation.
- Liaise with local vendors and suppliers as required.
- Other accountabilities as agreed with Manager.
As a Team Member:
- Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organisation;
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development and for setting achievable and meaningful work objectives and managing personal targets, meeting obligations of The Institute’s Performance Management and Development Policy;
- Demonstrate commitment to The Institute’s organisational values, including performing to an exceptionally high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts.
Work, Health and Safety
- Comply with Work Health and Safety legislation and operate in accordance with established Occupational Health and Safety practice and procedures at the Institute;
- Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 3 or more years experience in the Information Technology Industry.
- Experience in Windows desktop administration, including Windows 10 and Microsoft Office.
- Good PC and laptop hardware skills, basic networking skills and knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation. Excellent customer service and support skills.
- Excellent organisation, time management, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility to handle ambiguous conditions and changing priorities.
- Preferably have a tertiary qualification in Computer Sciences or a related field.
- ITIL and Microsoft Certification would be desirable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications to email@example.com by 22 April 2018, clearly stating the job title ‘Service Desk Analyst’ in the subject line.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 22/04/2018