Evidence, Decision Making and Policy for COVID-19
The George Institute for Global Health, India (TGI) and Ashoka University have come together to organise a virtual symposium on public health focussing on evidence, decision making and policy for COVID-19 in India on November 9, 2020 from 03:00 PM IST - 05:00 pm IST.
This symposium will be the first in a series of discussions on public health and policy in India anchored by the two institutions and will explore a range of issues, starting with the challenges thrown up by the COVID-19 pandemic, including crucial role that evidence plays in decision-making pertaining to policy and implementation in health care, and inform policy and practice.
The first symposium will cover a range of topics such as understanding results from national sero- surveys, COVID-19 epidemiology and clinical aspects of COVID-19 and health policy in COVID-19. The symposium will involve an hour of individual presentations, followed by a panel discussion including questions from the online audience.
- Dr. Tarun Bhatnagar, National Institute of Epidemiology (ICMR)
- Dr. Brian Wahl, Johns Hopkins University
- Prof. Priscilla Rupali, Christian Medical College Vellore
- Dr. Rajani Ved, National Health Systems Resource Centre
- Prof. Gautam Menon, Professor of Physics and Biology from Ashoka University
- Dr. Soumyadeep Bhaumik, Research Fellow (Policy Impact) from the George Institute for Global Health, India
The symposium is open to all including public health specialists, policy experts, government representatives and researchers as well as interested members of the general public and students.