Workshop on Cutting Edge Research on Health Inequities: Concepts & Methods
Visthar, Bangalore, India
Azim Premji University, The George Institute for Global Health and Health Equity Network India are inviting applications for the fifth workshop on ‘Cutting Edge Research on Health Inequities: Concepts & Methods’ to be held from 25 to 29 November 2019. The objectives of this workshop are to build the capacity of researchers and activists with research experience to:
- Have clarity on concepts related to equity and inequities in heath
- Develop an understanding on how to approach health research with an equity lens
- Acquire skills for planning research that help understand pathways creating or contributing to inequities in health using qualitative, quantitative and mixed-method approaches
- Be introduced to approaches to studying the consequences of intersecting social inequalities on health inequities
The workshop will be conducted in English. For more information download brochure from here.
- Last date for submission of applications: 15 September 2019
- Announcement of successful applicants and scholarships: 15 October 2019
- Workshop dates: 25 – 29 November 2019
Selection and scholarships
- A small number (5-6) of travel bursaries in the amount of Rs. 5000/- are available and will be allocated on the basis of need.
- The number of places available for the workshop is twenty-five (25). A screening committee will screen applications and select the final list of participants.
- No cost fees will be charged
- Boarding and lodging will be covered for all selected participants.
For any queries related to application form and submission confirmations please write to Tarun Gupta.
For any queries related to the workshop and the program write to Health Equity Action Lab (HEAL).