Global advisory committee on research, impact and strategy
The Advisory Committee on Research, Impact and Strategy (ACRIS) is an independent body which meets every five years. ACRIS provides advice on future research directions to the Institute’s Board of Directors and senior management. Its membership comprises highly respected individuals who have influenced health and medical research, or have shaped health policy and practice globally.
The last meeting of the committee was held in February 2018. Within the scope of the Institute’s mission, as well as the Institute’s ambition to have a major impact on health policy and practice worldwide, ACRIS members helped:
- guide and assist the Institute in identifying key health challenges globally over the next five to 20 years;
- review the Institute’s current and planned areas of focus and its activities in terms of impact, or potential for impact, on the identified key health challenges; and
- made recommendations regarding the best strategies for the Institute to pursue to maximise its future impact on these challenges.
Garry Jennings AO
- Executive Director at Sydney Health Partners
Professor Jennings is Executive Director of Sydney Health Partners. He was the...
Mr Martin Bowles PSM
- NCEO, Calvary Health Care
Martin Bowles is the National Chief Executive Office of Calvary Health Care, taking...
- Chief Executive Officer (London), NCD Alliance
Ms Dain has worked with the NCD Alliance since its founding in 2009. Her experience...
- Chief Executive Officer at The Wellcome Trust / DBT India Alliance
Dr Shahid Jameel has been Chief Executive Officer of the Wellcome Trust/DBT India...
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Professor Anne Mills is Deputy Director and Provost of the London School of Hygiene &...
- Director, The Hatter Institute for Cardiovascular Research in Africa
Professor Karen Sliwa-Hahnle is the Director of the Hatter Institute for...
Professor Tan Chorh Chuan
- President of the National University of Singapore
Professor Tan Chorh Chuan was appointed as the inaugural Chief Health Scientist and...