Our mission & values
Our mission is to improve the health of millions of people worldwide.
We do this by focusing on:
- Better treatments: finding better treatments for the world’s biggest health problems
- Better care: transforming primary health care to support better health for more people
- Healthier societies: harnessing the power of governments, markets and communities to improve population health
We also aim to highlight our research thought leadership to key stakeholders, as well as look for ways to support game changing entrepreneurship.
- Humanitarian commitment: spurs us to tackle the health issues affecting high-risk and disadvantaged people worldwide
- Focus on excellence: ensures we will produce scientific evidence that is ethical and of the highest quality
- Creativity: encourages us to challenge traditional thinking and provide an impetus for new and innovative solutions to the world's leading health problems
- Integrity: underpins all our work and interactions, including our collaborations with partner organisations worldwide
- 'Can do' approach: helps produce timely, effective action, even in the face of adversity or other barriers to implementation
- Emphasis on impact: we ensure our work has real consequences for those who are most vulnerable to disease and injury